Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm a

I'm a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll.
I'm a cup of herbal tea in bed, a sweet-ripe orange in the morning, and Nutella--any time of day.
I'm a To Do list failure, but a multi-task Queen.
A laundry-pile, a haven't-unpacked-pile, a don't-feel-like-putting-away-pile, and an i-know-it's-in-here-pile.

I'm part Mozart, part Taylor Swift, part Katy Perry.  And always the song of a rainstorm.
I'm Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies at Mom's, Christmas warm-spice candles, and intoxicating red roses for special occasions.
I'm a four-foot book stack with bookmarks in each.
A 5 foot 4, old enough and young enough to do everything and anything in the world.

I'm a sing-in-church singer; a constant subconscious hummer.
I'm an ice-chewer and a zit-picker; a sand-sifter, a gooey craft-maker, and a religious hand-washer.
I'm a romantic fool and a fairytale-believer;
A read-er, a paint-er, a dance-er, a write-er, a wish-er, a pray-er, a dream-er of Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment